Happy first day of Spring my friends!!!! Does it look like spring where you are right now? It was DARN cold this morning where I am (and I’m in Florida, so it mostly always looks like spring here). So I can imagine…
The big news is it’s “earlybird” day and a bunch of our favorite authors just had their books go LIVE today!!! YAY US! Karina Halle, S.L. Scott, Kate Stewart, Jennifer L. Armentrout just to name a few. Plus some that are new-to-me but sound really good.
So I’ll start us off with that, and then compile all of the latest awesome book-world news, too.
EARLY BIRDS JUST WENT LIVE!!
Amber: Black Hearts was HOT! I loved it!
- Kate Stewart’s latest release, The Brave Line is LIVE (and I’ve loved a past one by this author!!) YES PLEASE on this blurb!!! SHE’S A DISPATCHER & HE’S A COP... “Fueled by a new career as a dispatcher, she’s determined not to let her scars weigh her down. She apologizes for nothing, especially her insatiable need for a certain police officer… …Three months of summer was all it took to shake their foundations, rattle their walls, and bring them crashing down. It was lust. It was love. It was real. And it would have been perfect . . . if it wasn’t already over.” And Heather read it and says:
Heather: A MUST read!
- S.L. Scott’s latest, (Missing Grace) <— JUST WENT LIVE!!! HE’S TRYING TO MOVE ON… “When Grace Stevens disappeared—without a word, without a trace—she took half his soul with her… …He had success and wealth. He had everything, except her. Then fate stepped in one serendipitous night. The hope he’d held on to for three long, agonizing years appeared before him in the form of a picturesque beauty...”
- Jennifer L Armentrout’s latest (The Struggle (A Titan Novel Book 3) just went LIVE!! This series must be read in order, but Tessa LOVES it like crazy!
Tessa: I’m loving the Titan series. …you must read the Titan series. It’s all sorts of yummy Seth goodness.
- Delayed Call (Assassins Book 11) by Toni Aleo just went LIVE!!! HOCKEY STAR ALERT! She’s the staff reporter for this hockey team and has to travel with them… “Brie has been the match to Vaughn’s gasoline since the day she first held out her microphone to him. They strike sparks off each other, keeping their friends, the team, and the Assassins fans in stitches. Brie’s refusal to fawn over Vaughn sets his teeth on edge and his blood boiling…”
- An Act of Courage (Acts of Honor Series Book 4) by K.C. Lynn <— K.C. LYNN’S LATEST IS LIVE!! “One fateful moment destroyed his very existence, and only one person will be able to make him realize that what he considers an act of dishonor was truly an act of courage.” The author says that they can be read as standalones but she HIGHLY encourages us to read at least book #3 (An Act of Obsession (Acts of Honor Book 3)) before this one.
“This is Book Four in the Acts Of Honor series, the spin-off series to Men Of Honor. It is not necessary to read all the other books in the series. However, I do highly recommend that you at least read Resisting Temptation, the third book in the Men of Honor series since this is where these Characters story began.”
- Cut Wide Open (A Bleeding Scars MC Book 1) by Abby McCarthy <— DARK BIKER BOOK ALERT (with lots of warnings!!) “…Doing what I needed to do to provide for my son, we were finally brought face to face. It should have been the best day of my life, but it was far from it. It was the worst. That day a monster took me...”
- The Heartbeat Hypothesis by Lindsey Frydman <— HIS SISTER DIED & SHE NOW HAS HER DONOR HEART... “…Thanks to Emily, Audra has a second chance at life. She’s doing all the things that seemed impossible just two years ago: Go to college. Date. Stargaze in the Rocky Mountains. Maybe get a tattoo. You know, live.” And then she meets her donor’s brother, a brooding photographer that wants to document her new life.
- A Moment of Madness (Boston Alibi) by Brooklyn Skye<— LIVE!!! BARTENDER ALERT! HE NOW OWNS HER DADS BAR… “Ryan Edwards has been running the Alibi for seven years. Being in a bar night after night means he’s no stranger to one-night stands. But when the quirky, beautiful blonde he spent a hot night with shows up at his bar claiming it used to belong to her father, his guard goes right up. Ryan’s desperate for a waitress, and Sailor wants a chance to work in the place that meant so much to her dad…”
- Make Me Beg (Men of Gold Mountain) by Rebecca Brooks <— LIVE!! BARTENDER ALERT! “…when she has a chance to open her own bar and restaurant, she’s got a plan for how it should go. Not in that plan: a ripped and rugged playboy stepping in to take over. Mack doesn’t do players…“
- A Star to Steer Her By by <— LIVE!!! SCUBA DIVER IS EMOTIONALLY SCARRED FROM A PAST ACCIDENT... “Tristan helps me find the courage I thought I had lost and heals me with every stolen moment we share. But the rules of the ship mean we can’t be together. When a dive excursion goes terribly wrong, our only hope for survival is each other...”
- Fighting Pride by Jennifer Miller <— LIVE!!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! He broke her heart to save her… “…The years have been long, the sacrifice and loneliness have been crippling…and now, she’s back. I’m not supposed to see her, talk to her – I’m not supposed to want her. It will only break open wounds I’ve fought to keep closed, but I can’t stay away…”
And now for the AUTHOR NEWS!!!
Kristen Ashley has announced an exciting new project (<— all the details here) happening right now, and it’s all in support of the wonderful women in our lives!!! Here’s just a tidbit from her post, to give you an idea:
“What it is is a Rock Chick’s chance to nominate someone she loves to have a night where she’s spoiled rotten. These nominations can be for any reason. Her sister/friend/mom/daughter/co-worker/whatever is having a tough time and needs a special night. Her sister/friend/mom/daughter/co-worker/whatever gives so much love, she needs someone to show her some love in return. Her sister/friend/mom/daughter/co-worker/whatever has done something amazing that needs to be recognized…
…The winners will be notified and then they will be invited to attend a fancy-ass dinner at a fancy-ass place where they will be wined and dined with MOI in attendance as well as get a special, slam-bam-hot-diggity-dog swag bag that won’t only have KA goodness in it but also some other awesome stuff that will pamper the hell out of them…”
“…a brand-new novel about a restless young waitress whose one-night stand with an enigmatic artist takes her on an unexpected, life-changing journey toward an impossible decision.”
“Love was a ticking time bomb, ready to detonate at any moment and blow your whole world apart.
I could barely breathe as I waited for it to annihilate me.
God how I wanted the destruction…”
R.L. Mathewson has TWO new releases coming out in our beloved hilarious “Neighbor from Hell” series. One is called Irresistible (and it’s Aidan’s story). No exact date or preorder as of yet, but she posted the cover AND an excerpt here and the other is called “Delectable” (Reese’s story) with a cover reveal and an excerpt for that one too. BUT!!! She’s not sure which one she will release first. TEASE!!!!
“2775 words. #Backonthehorse“
“Academy Award nominee James Franco and Stephen King are together again! Franco will read the audiobook edition of THE DEAD ZONE, available on April 25 on CD and for download for the first time ever. Read more via Entertainment Weekly.”
“NYT bestselling author Jennifer Probst’s THE START OF SOMETHING GOOD, in which a Special Forces rescue paratrooper returns to his family’s B&B and horse rescue farm to heal after his world is ripped apart, and while there unexpectedly meets a headstrong and beautiful businesswoman who helps him to confront his past and embrace a brand new future, to Maria Gomez at Montlake Romance, in a two-book deal, by Kevan Lyon at Marsal Lyon Literary Agency (world).”
Caroline Kepnes (author of my much-loved creepy stalker series “You: A Novel” that is now being turned into TV series) posted in January about her current work-in-progress. She doesn’t say much (yet – I searched for more new since), but it sounds like it will be quite the journey, too. She says:
“…this morning, I finished my draft of my new book and hit SEND. A new story, new characters, but same deal, I’m bringing you inside some offbeat minds, people grappling with love and life and heartbreak in the modern world. I’ll have more details for you soon…”
Julie wants Gabe Griffin like fish want water, but what she wants is sweet domestic bliss and a white picket fence. What Gabe wants is to put a collar around Julie’s throat and train her in the finer points of being his slave…
PREORDERS GOING LIVE AT MIDNIGHT!!!:
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Get Free Email Updates from me 🙂
1 Book Review
#1 Book Review Search